Ingredients for Udon with Shiitakes
200 g Udon noodles, 100 g Shiitakes, ½ courgette, 100 g diced pumpkin (or carrot), 1 litre chicken stock, virgin olive oil, soy sauce, Mirin, salt and pepper.
Preparation of the Japanese recipe
- Cook the udon noodles according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- At the same time, bring the chicken stock to the boil and add all the chopped vegetables.
- When the vegetables are “al dente”, season with salt, pepper (optional), a dash of soy and a few drops of mirin.
- Add the noodles and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve immediately and very hot.