Last week we had the pleasure of sharing an exclusive tasting of premium sakes with chefs from restaurants all over Catalonia. A presentation led by Roger Ortuño, qualified Sake professional and author of ComerJapones.com and Antonio Campins, author of the book “Sake, the liquid silk”. Both presented Oriental Market’s collection of sakes and all those present were able to taste each of them together with Japanese dishes prepared by Chef Sebastián Merlet, Executive Chef of the Doble Zeroo restaurant in Barcelona (C/ Jaume Giralt 53). Do you want to discover each of the varieties offered?
At 17:00 h on 2 July, a presentation began in petit comité where the attendees could enjoy a delicious tasting of three of the most important sake wineries in Asia: Kamotsuru (Hiroshima), Hakutsuru (Hyōgo) and Koshi No Kanchubai (Niigita).
Sake Kamotsuru Junmai. 720 ml
Sake Tokusei Gold Daiginjo (KAMOTSURU) 180ml (Alc.16-17%)
Umeshu vino de ciruela (LOTTE) 375ml (Alc.14%)
Sake coreano Baekwha Soobok (LOTTE) 700ml (Alc.14%)
Sake junmaishu (HAKUTSURU). 18 L
Sake Kanchubai Giniyo Nama Chozo (KOSHINO). 300 ml
© Diseño web imacreste
Three wineries with excellent varieties of sake such as the following:
- Koshi no Kanchubai “Tokubetsu Honjo” (Niigata). Polishing: 58% Nihonshu-do: +6 San-do: 1.4 Alcohol: 15%. Suggestions: Ebi shioyaki, kakisu, seriola teriyaki, soba. Tasting: Yakitori with salt. Barbecued chicken and spring onion skewer.
- Koshi no Kanchubai “Ginjo Nama Chozo” (Niigata). Polishing: 58% Nihonshu-do: +5 San-do: 1.2 Alcohol: 14%. Suggestions: Unagi kabayaki, sweet yakitori, sanma shioyaki, kakisu, salted yakitori, soba. Tasting: Unagi kabayaki nigiri.
- Kamotsuru “Namakakoi Junmai” (Hiroshima). Polishing: 65% Nihonshu-do: +4 Alcohol: 14.5%. Sugestions: Scallop, sea bass, octopus, kakisu, anago kabayaki. Tasting: Scallop sashimi with shiso.
- Koshi no Kanchubai “Silver Junmai” (Niigata). Polishing: 58% Nihonshu-do: +4 San-do: 1.3 Alcohol: 14%. Sugestions: Tempura, sushi, saba no imsoni, sukiyaki, motsu nikomi, yakitori. Tasting: Horse mackerel sashimi with miso sauce.
- Koshi no Kanchubai “Gold Junmai Ginjo” (Niigata). Polishing: 55% Nihonshu-do: +3 San-do: 1.6 Alcohol: 14%. Sugestions: Yosenabe, sashimi, kyabetsu roll, shake no shioyaki, nama kaki, dashitamago. Tasting: Sea bass and shiso nama harumaki with sesame and soy.
- Kamotsuru “Junmai” (Hiroshima). Polishing: 65% Nihonshu-do: +4 Alcohol: 14.5%. Sugestions: Sakana shioyaki, nikujaga, buta no kakuni, okazu. Tasting: Tomoe Maki. Tuna, avocado and tobiko topped with flambéed scallops and lime zest.
- Kamotsuru “Taru Sake” (Hiroshima). Nihonshu-do: +2 Alcohol: 15.5%. Serving suggestions: Tempura, kakiage, yakigyoza, buta no kakuni, unagi no kabayaki. Preferably serve between 35 and 50ºC. Tasting: Julienne vegetable kakiage with tentsuyu sauce. Order directly from the shop.
- Kamotsuru “Itteki Nyukon” (Hiroshima). Polishing: 60% Nihonshu-do: +3 San-do: 1.6 Alcohol: 15.5%. Sugestions: Katsuo tataki, Kaiseki Ryôri, tofu, maru soba, nabemono, ayu shioyaki, shiromi usuzukuri, anago shirayaki, nama harumaki. Tasting: Sea bass and shiso nama harumaki with sesame and soybeans.
- Kamotsuru “Tokusei Gold Daiginjo” (Hiroshima). Polishing: 50% Nihonshu-do: +1.5 San-do: 1.4 Alcohol: 16.5%. Sugestions: Sushi, Palamós shrimp, aburi toro, Wagyu. Tasting: Gunkan Negitoro.
- Hakutsuru Nishiki Junmai Daiginjo (Hyogo). Polishing: 50% Nihonshu-do: +4 San-do: 1.4 Alcohol: 15.5%. Sugestions: Sanma, horse mackerel, fatty blue fish, shioyaki. Tasting: Horse mackerel sashimi with miso sauce. Order directly in the shop.
Would you like any of them?